How to revise (or how to pass exams)
What NOT to do
- Don't think you can leave everything until the night before.
- Don't expect life to be "as normal" before examinations. Your exams can have huge implications for the rest of your life – be prepared to make some sacrifices so that you do your best.
- Don't be negative about your abilities and opt out before you started. A thorough revision program can make a huge difference to what you're capable of.
- Don't imagine that just reading your notes is enough, you'll need other, more engaged techniques for maximum benefit.
Don't be side-tracked by revising only topics you enjoy, although this is tempting, you need to focus on areas that you find more challenging.
Now let's get positive, what can you do to prepare?
- Make sure you know what your target grades are and what you must do to achieve them. Identify the areas you need to work on with more……